If, you are a stay at home Mom - volunteer as much time as you can in their early years, because if you don't, your going to wish you did! I volunteered so much of my time to his school that I felt like a piece of the furniture. And being that I did, I was able to shoot pictures of his entire life at DCES, I made video's tape for each teacher at the end of the year with all the kids in it...I guess you can say I was the paparazzi. As I sit here typing this, I have tears flowing down my face. It's hard seeing your babies grow into young people, then adults, but i'm far from him being an adult - but guess what? Eight years is nothing, before I know it he will be driving, dating, graduating from College, then getting married someday.
From my heart, I'm going to miss his elementary years more then anything. I here as they step into a new chapter of there life, parents don't get to see them accepting awards in Jr. High, what am I to do, but let go - and he's only 10, i'm just not emotionally ready.
So, with that said - lets move onto the pictures and what we're seeing and viewing.
This is the cafeteria where everything took place. As you can see by the first photo, there is a STAR for every fifth grader in school. As heart warming as it was, it was beautifully done.

I located Sam's star and get this, like Uncle Tony said, i'm the only one that will find something wrong...and I did. Sam's star was sideways, his name anyway and upside down, are you kidding me! Good thing the principle was in there as she heard me telling a few parents being Uncle Tony and Aunt Kathy and what did Mrs. C do? You bet your lucky stars she took it down and fixed it. Of all the stars - Sam was like that...NOT! But as you can see he has an extra hole in his!
there sits our handsome boy!! Ms. Lynch sat right next to him.
let the SHOW begin!!
Sam, received 5 awards and this is what he earned in his Fifth grade year:
1. LIBRARY AWARD
2. READERS are LEADERS AWARD, for earning his 200 AR points
3. Certificate of ACHIEVEMENT - I believe it was for making the A/B honor roll all year. The 2nd and 3rd quarter he was straight A
4. PRESIDENTS'S EDUCATION AWARDS PROGRAM in recognition of Outstanding Academic Excellence and a GOLD pin. The award was signed by Obama
5. and his CERTIFICATE OF PROMTION - for successful completion of studies at Deep Creek Elementary School
and that had to be the happiest day in our lives as Parents to see Sam expect his awards with PRIDE and smiling the whole time. In order to heard the video's - please go to the bottom of the blog and put the music on mute!! To view the photo bigger, just click on it!
receiving his Library Award
Receiving his AR Award
Sam with Ms. Lynch - I personally think she's the BEST TEACHER EVER and that's why she was Teacher of the YEAR 2009/2010
Receiving his Certificate of ACHIEVEMENT award...
Receiving his President's Education Awards Program for Outstanding Academic Excellence signed by Obama. With that he even received a GOLD pin!!
The Ceremony - I recorded the entire class. I will tell you a little secret - I CRIED, seeing my little man up there on that stage, wrapping his arms around his teacher and accepting his Promotion award!
Sam's Presidential Gold pin!!
Kaitlyn and Sam both this their Graduation Bears we got them! Kaitlyn, loved her's more then Sam because boys don't play with bears according to him. It's just a token from being a Cub at DCES!! Each bear had on the back 2011 and their name!
The Luncheon!! After the award ceremony ended, a few of us parents hung around to now decorate for their luncheon. They were all so surprised - the smiles on each of their faces while they walked through the door and under the arch! I did record each class as they came in, but i'm not posting it due to this is about Sam...
The Graduates
Thank you so much for stopping by and visiting Sam's blog, remember Wedn is the last day of school and what pictures I take there will also be posted. After that - this blog is coming to and end as we start a NEW CHAPTER in the LIFE of SAM! Wow, that sounds like nice blog name for next chapter!!! Please if you like, leave Sam and comment just under this post. I will print this blog out for him and gave it to him when he's a grown adult. It's a wonderful keep sack of his life growing up. And I will also be sure all comments go into his binder...thanks again!!
















2 comments:
CONGRATULAIONS SAM!!! You have quite the list of achievements, and it's clear you work hard and deserve every bit of recognition you get! You have done your family proud, young man! You are going to be such a great role model to Emma when she comes home. She is blessed to have you as her big brother!
Enjoy your summer as you prepare for the big world of JUNIOR HIGH!
God bless! <><
~Tanya
CONGRATULATIONS!! SAM...we as parents are so very proud of you. You have accomplished so much this year and we watched you grow into a beautiful young man! I have you know I got really teary eyed today making this post. I'm so going to miss those younger years, but I'm lQQking forward to the next Chapter in your life as you approach Jr. High. God has blessed me with the best gift and that's you...Love with all my heart and soul. Mom
Post a Comment