
Everyone would be so very proud of Sam today! He ran his first race ever and it was sweet, cute and lots of heartache from a 7 yr old. It started out with Todd running a 5K race and after started the Fun Run - which was only one mile, around the school and you could either walk or run, or run then walk and or walk and run, do whatever you wanted to do that's why they called it the Fun Run! The first few pictures Sam wanted to warm up with Dad....very cute. We both tried to explain to Sam that you can't just take off and run fast, pick a pace and go with it. So, he did his warm-ups as you can see, oh so very cute. Then it was time to go - and their off running like bolts of lighting and fire. Sam, got about a 1/4 mile away as he and Todd were ahead of me and he was crying, I tried to ask him what was the matter and he couldn't really say anything but I can't catch my breath - I told him he needed to breathe when running, he couldn't understand me because I was having a hard time breathing myself and he just got so mad and won't stop crying. Eventually he calmed himself down and processed to finish the race. The map he's holding was the route we were running, the blue area. Sam, wasn't happy knowing that he wasn't one of the 6 boys to come in first place, again we tried to explain that this was your first race and the more you do the better you will be. I ask him after it was all over, would he want to run again, he gave me this look like are you kidding me. This was very good for Sam - as he can use outside play time. The race took place at Lamarque Elementary school in North Port. If, you are interesting in knowing more about Zoomers - go to www.zoomersrun.com Sam's time was 9:59 for one mile, he beat Mom by about 1 to 2 seconds and he thought that was great!! Sam, ask me to say that the medal he's holding - he did not win! Dad, came in 2 place for his age group and gave Sam his medal. Sam, was very proud of Todd coming in 2nd. The funny thing - Mom and I were so busy looking at this little boy, OK maybe 14? who did his run in about 18 minutes that she and I didn't notice Dad running pass us and us cheering him on. Dad, did his time in 21:23 by the time he past the finish line.



























No comments:
Post a Comment