Friday, April 1, 2011

he did it!!! Sam, did it!!

First off I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to our boy Sam...Sam, has EARNED all the required points in AR for 5th grade. He's the only child in his class to have earned those points. The sad thing is - other children would have earned them too if they only had to reach 150 points instead of 200.

Anyway, Sam has given me permission to come take a picture of his points as long as I don't take one of himself....hehe. So, as I stood on the other side of class, I got the camera out and took this shot of him taking the test.

Before he started he has 194.3 points - he had 2 books to test on both being worth 3 points each, and both were "The Diary of a Wimpy Kid, the 1st book and the last one. After he tested on the 1st one, he turned around, teacher said ok Sam - how did you do? He said 10 out of 10...she said how many points to you have, he said 197.3 Then Ms. Lynch said boys and girls, I want you all to cross your fingers on one hand and if Sam gets his 200 points it's a FREE day for all...oh my goodness were they all happy...they were cheering Sam on, saying come on Sam you can do it!

This is when I started taking pictures - the test went by fast, he turned around and said out loud I GOT A 10 out of 10...woo hoo and said I have 200.3 points. What a very proud moment for his Mom. I so wanted to hug Sam and as I got close, he said Mom not here. I need to respect his wishes and not do that, it's hard but my baby isn't a baby anymore.


After I left the class room - I ran into the principle and we chatted a little. I had one big smile on my face and I told her I have just witnessed my boy earn 200.3 points on AR...she said that's awesome and said some really nice things about my Sam. She said every time she walks around and the children have some type of free time, Sam always has a book in his hand, she said she's seen him blossom so much in the past year, she said he's doing awesome in school, she see's him wearing his safely patrol belt around and I told her he takes great pride in wearing that as well. She said Sam will go a long way and do really good for himself. I thought they were some really nice things she said about my child...she put a smile on my face. And that was that....I left the building made my phone calls and ordered this photo on line for his teacher and myself. I promised Sam that I will not push him too much now to continue on reading, he seems to enjoy it anyway and i'm sure will continue on doing so, but he earned his required points in 5th grade and made me one PROUD MOM!!

No comments: