Saturday, December 4, 2010

All I want for Christmas is EVERYTHING!!

The theme to this Christmas show was: All I want for Christmas is EVERYTHING!!

Today was an exciting day for Sam, well until he nearly fainted. Sixty 5th graders signed up to join in the very first DCES Christmas Parade in downtown Punta Gorda. If, you take a look back, Sam also did the Veterans day one as well.

But this was the very first time our school participated in this event and it was really nice. Yesterday when Sam got home from school with just a slight cold, but wanted to still do this parade. Todd, and I were also joining in as we were the only 2 parents to help if something should have happened, like a child falling off the trailer.













Sam, was doing just fine up until this picture was taken. He's standing on the left side by a little boy in a white shirt. They were getting all the kids in order to a photo to be taken, then I noticed Sam's eyes rolling up in the back of his head. I ran over to him and grabbed him a fast as I could. His teacher even saw him going down. They have been standing in the heat for over an hour waiting for this thing to start. So, they put Sam into one of the teachers vehicles, the one that was pulling the trailer for about 15 minutes, the boy scouts across the way gave him a slice of pizza. It was lunch time, he was hungry and I've never seen him like that, but being he's not drinking water, hasn't eaten lunch yet because we got there at 11am and standing in the heat altogether - got the best of him.







Everything turned out nice, a few of the children were feeling pretty sick by the time this was all over. But they did it, they all did a wonderful job and Sam's teacher is just simply the best. Next year, we will be able to go there, sit and enjoy the parade - as when your in it, you don't see everything.

No comments: