So, I left got in my car and I was in tears...now that I'm typing this the tears are starting again. It's sad for me knowing that I have been there volunteering all year round and I just wanted to say good-bye to each child and give them a hug. That didn't happen. So many of them just loved me, I got hugs each time I walked in the door and they would ask Mrs. J________ are you staying, when I said yes they would get all excited. I'm going to miss about 1/2 of them for sure and I hope some are back in his class next year.
So I went home and just cleaned my house, ended up doing 3 rooms, vacuumed, dusted, mopped and sweep, even did 3 loads of laundry. Took me about 3 hours in all then I stopped at about 11:40p. I decided to call Sam's teacher to let her know that I was taking him out early and that I would be there at 12:30 - he normally gets out at 1:45 I told her to have a great summer. I picked Sam up and this is the picture I got. But I had to run to the car to get the camera as I told him to stand there and wait.
Here comes my boy, so grown up and with a smile! When I look at this picture I'm looking at my now new 4th grade student. While crying, Sam ask why I was doing that. I told him my baby is growing up way to fast for me and that you are officially a 4th grader.

this is what I was doing till 11:30 last night for each child in Sam's class.

cut it out and we have a picture cube...pictures taken by me during the year.

Sam, brought a big card home for me and all the kids signed it thanking me for the class video I made and the picture/cubes....again I had tears in my eyes. Nothing like taking your child to DQ for a blizzard and having red eyes. I owned Sam that blizzard for making the A honor roll.
















No comments:
Post a Comment