Monday, June 1, 2009

Big Day!!!

Today, was another big day in the life of Sam J and his accomplishments at school. There was an award ceremony going on and this was the biggest one yet for 3rd grade. Being that Sam brought home his midterm report just a few weeks ago with all A's except this time a B in reading, ended up being on the "A Honor Roll", wow - Sam was a little worried at first because he's been sitting so patiently waiting to see if he got an award. When his teacher was nominated to go up on stage and read all the 3rd graders awards out and didn't call Sam's name on the B Honor Roll, I knew he made the A honor roll. My heart was beating so fast for him. By the time he got up on stage to accept that award I got a really good picture of the principle but Sam came out bury, what a horrible picture that was. I wanted to post it, but I'm not a big fan of the principle so I didn't want to post her face on his blog. That I waited till after we got home to take a picture. So anyway - he ended up with another one this was for "Certificate of Achievement" and a ribbon came with it. It was for his hard work and dedication that has lead to an exceptional achievement.

Sam's personal achievement this year was to earn his AR shirt as he has never done before. After he earned the points he needed to get that shirt, he set out a personal goal to earn 100 points, and if he got that he was going to get a new Wii game, did he do it? YES HE DID!!! He ended up with total of 100.3...way to go Sam. He's done very well in the 3rd grade, he appeared to be more focused in the 3rd grade. His FCAT scores came in as I haven't been giving that information from the school yet, but found out our boy scored a 4 in reading and a 4 in math being 5 is the highest number you can get.

Congratulations!!! goes out to Sam J.

Love, Mom and his 2 Dad's.

No comments: