David, came up and had lunch with Sam and I at school. I ask him to come a little bit earlier so that I could have a little chat with him. It all started on Sunday during our Church service that made me do what I did today.
First off HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Dad Jolicoeur who turns 72 today. And on this very day 6 years ago, David ask me for a DIVORCE. It was very hard for me as a new Mom to deal with such devastating news that her husband wanted a divorce. OK, I'm over it now it's been 6 years and life goes on for all of us. But at Church over the past Sunday the pastor was talking about forgiveness and forgetting, letting things go and on and on. Well, it opened my eyes then on Sunday and I thought that I still haven't forgiven David.
So, today of all days - I waited for him to show up at school so that I could tell him that I FORGIVE HIM!! - It put a tear into my eyes and I'm sure it did with him as well. David (Sam's) Dad is going thought his horrible thing once again himself and I know how hard it is being there in those same shoes. I wanted him to know that I forgive him and it finally lifted off my shoulders.
So I had Georgie at school take this picture of the 3 of us. Sam, not only has a great Step Dad who loves him very much but he also has his Biological one that loves him too. Sam, is one lucky little boy and everyone in his life is lucky too because we all get along great just the way a family should.
















No comments:
Post a Comment