Monday, October 6, 2008

Apple/Book Fair

Sam, has an apple in his hand for his teacher. He ask this morning if he could take one into her and of course I said YES!! We are waiting outside the class room door for his this morning.

Then it was book fair time! I hung around school all morning helping out with the book fair before Sam's class came in. That's always a fun thing to do so for 2.5 hours I put stickers in Kindergarten books and helped with the book fair when they got busy. Sam, knew that he was just suppose to get one book and dear old Mom couldn't say no to him when he wanted more then 1. So, he got 5 new books and a smencil. His books are pictured below! Now the sweetest thing that he said to me this morning - was Mom, you know what the best part of getting books are the book fair are, I said what Sam? He said after you pay for them you can go over there sit down and read your books because you have extra time. I said Sam your so right and that's what we want the kids to do. He started reading his new Star Wars book and sat in that rocker by himself reading and I JUST LOVED IT!! When I see things like that with Sam and his interest in reading, I know I've done something right with him. I am ONE proud Mom!! I keep telling Sam how important it is for him to read and he knows.

I just so very proud of Sam and he knows it.

He really wanted to one called The Thing about Georgie, I said how did you hear about this book, he said and mind you his teacher was standing right behind us, he said my teacher has it and she's been reading it to us and it's a good book - I said OK Sam you can have that one too.

No comments: