The first award was for prefect Attention in the 3rd quarter. The second one was for making the "B" honor roll and the last one was for earning his AR t-shirt which most kids don't earn, because they need to read. In 4th grade they require you to earn 100 points and on Feb 3rd, he earned 101.9. It took 2 months to get this shirt, he's got it and we couldn't' be more proud of him.
Now, the sad thing is the Principle had made such a HUGH mistake. As she's saying thanks to everyone who came out as this is an important thing to your children...I noticed and said hey wait!! She's not done, where in earth are the t-shirts? These children have been waiting forever for this day to come. Four of those children are good friends, and I can tell you that those Mom's were not very happy. So before the Principle did her closing, which she did and everyone was getting up from their seats...I walked over to the stage and said hey what about the AR shirts? These children were waiting for them. If you could have seen the look on most of the parents faces, because they knew their child was getting one and too see me approach the stage, they knew what Mrs. J was doing.
These poor children got left out of something that was so important to them. The principle finally did send someone to the office to see if there were shirts. I ask her to please make an announcement and have everyone sit back down, so that the children who earned their shirts, can walk up on that stage in front of the entire 4th grade with pride and receive them. It was total kaos there, no one was listening and she didn't even bother to ask everyone to sit, that she was not done.
The children all gathered around the stage, and she handed them out one by one - the kids were not happy. I can tell you I was not happy either, those children deserved to SHINE and be proud of themselves for working so hard.
I called sista Chrisann and ask her if she heard what have happen today at school, she said yes her daughter Sheighin who was also one of those 4th graders who got a shirt, told her Mom, she was not happy and on one would listen.
The principle said well Mary only gave me the awards....ok, I know Mary makes them up but it's not her fault - the principle hands these out last at every assembly and you mean to tell me she didn't know she had them? NOT...it was just forgotten, very sad I will say. Because as a parent - I know my son works hard, and he like all the others ones so deserve to be in the spot light and shine.
Way to go Sam, Sheighlin, Ben and Joey that I know of because they are my friends children.
















No comments:
Post a Comment